Careers At Rent-A-Bin
An amazing place to work!
Family has always been an important part of Fred Finoro’s life. That love and appreciation for those close to him filtered into a career when he founded Rent-A-Bin Disposal in 2000. The Guelph-based disposal service has been going strong for over 22 years because of the owner’s unwavering commitment to customers and the creation of an inviting culture for Rent-A-Bin Disposal employees.
“We view the business like a tight-knit family, like our own family,” says Fred, a husband and father of two. “Everyone here, we go to bat for. We like to be transparent, and we want all of our employees to feel like they can come and talk with us, and that they’re being heard.
“We want people who want to be here.”
Rent-A-Bin Disposal’s office staff consists of five people, including Fred’s wife Monica (title) and son Nick, who joined the team while attending the University of Guelph in 2014 and is now the office manager. Rent-A-Bin Disposal also has six drivers and is always looking to recruit capable people to expand that critical component of the staff.
In addition to being punctual, responsible, trustworthy, and able to problem-solve on the fly, Rent-A-Bin Disposal drivers must meet the following requirements:
- At least 21 years of age with an up-to-date class G driver’s license (a DZ license is not required but is a great asset)
- Provide a driver’s abstract upon request
- Able to lift approximately 50-60 pounds
- Comfortable working in inclement weather
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete daily duties on time
Daily responsibilities for a Rent-A-Bin Disposal driver on the job include:
- Prioritizing safety when driving to protect both customers, pedestrians, and employees
- A professional attitude and ability when interacting/communicating with customers and carrying out tasks
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and efficiently operating vehicle
- Communicating with Rent-A-Bin dispatch throughout the working day to relay any issues about the job or vehicle, in addition to receiving new tasks
Rent-A-Bin Disposal is an amazing place to work, located in a great community. The advantages of being a driver at the company include:
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages
- Excellent environment and family atmosphere
- Room for growth
We have drivers who tell us that they wish they had found us sooner. We notice people who work hard, and we reward them.